Homemade Dry Dog Food, You Can Cook It Yourself!
Is it good to cook your dry dog food? Buying commercial dog food is undeniably practical, especially when you are in a hurry or need to travel. In this article, we will teach you a tasty and genuine homemade dry dog food recipe that has a complete and high nutritional value.
Homemade Dry Dog Food: Recipe
You can use 2.5 lb. (1 kg) of mixed fresh nutrients; once they are cooked, you should put them in the oven to dry, they will weigh about half of the original amount, because water content will evaporate. With this recipe, you can obtain around 1.1 lb. (½ kg) of homemade dry dog food, with the following proportions: 50-60% fresh proteins, 20-25% cereals, 20-25% vegetables; and the equivalent of a fresh meal.
The correct proportions can vary according to your dog’s nutritional needs; you can increase or reduce the amounts of proteins. Keep in contact with your veterinarian in order to establish the correct dose for your dog pet.
Keep in mind that you created a complementary product for your dog’s diet; you will have to alternate between fresh food and dry dog food according to the instructions of your veterinarian.
The Proportion is 0.5-0.7 Oz (15-20 g) for every 4.4 lb (1 kg) of Your Dog’s Weight:
- An 11 lb (5 kg) dog can eat 2.6-3.5 Oz (75-100 g) of dry dog food every day
- A 22 lb (10 kg) dog can eat 5.2-7 Oz (150-200 g) of dry dog food every
The indicated amount is daily and must be divided into two meals.
Homemade Dry Dog Food: Ingredients
- 1 1/3 CUPS (300 GR) RICE FLOUR
- 1 1/2 CUPS (250 GR) MIXED VEGETABLES
- 1 LB (400 GR) GROUND BEEF
- 2 EGGS
- ROSEMARY LEAVES
- 1 CUP SUNFLOWER OIL
- Slice the vegetables into small pieces and boil them in water; put 2 spoons of the boiled water and the vegetables in a food processor, blend it until you make a purée.
- Boil the meat with the rosemary leaves; once the meat is cooked, use the food processor to blend the meat, until you obtain a thick and soft purée.
- Mix the vegetable and meat purée in a large container, add the eggs, flour, and oil.
The result will be soft dough; spread the mixture into a baking pan covered with parchment paper, use a spatula to spread it, and form a 0.5-inch thickness.
Cooking Homemade Dry Dog Food
Preheat the oven to 180-190 degrees; place the baking pan and cook it for 30/40 minutes, or until the dough is dry as a pizza. Take out the baking pan and cut the content with a knife into bite-sized pieces.
Cut in both directions to obtain bite-sized squares. Place the baking pan on the oven to 180 degrees in order to cook and dry the interior of the freshly cut squares, for 30 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the dog food cool inside the oven with the oven’s door slightly open to prevent the food from losing texture and humidity.
If you have any doubts, you can write us to email@example.com or contact your nearest veterinarian who will answer all of your questions.